PalateToPen.com is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
PalateToPen was setup for a number of reasons which you can read over on our about us page. On some of our pages we monetise the site with affiliate links. We prefer to use affiliate links as they’re less intrusive than adverts, popups and other annoying forms of web media.
Quick Summary – Our Affiliate Disclaimer
- If you follow a link on this site to an online retailer and later make a purchase, PalateToPen.com may or may not receive a small percent of the sale value.
- Everything we review is reviewed by us. We take the photos, we write the reviews. We don’t get paid to publish anything.
- We do get freebies from time to time, but they get scrutinised and scored the same way that something we bought with our own money would do.
- If you disagree with any of our reviews, spot an inaccuracy, would like to share your own opinion, or wish for us to review your product/brand, get in touch with us here.
How The Site Is Funded
PalateToPen.com partakes in what is known in the Internet marketing world as affiliate marketing.
To simplify things, when someone clicks some of the links on our site for products and deals we’ve recommended they are then taken to the respective retailer’s website. If this person continues and makes a purchase with the respective retailer, that retailer may or may not pas us a small percent of the sale value as a gesture of thanks for the recommendation. This is known as commission and is quite common across thousands of markets and industries online.
When you’re looking online for something such as car insurance, holidays, credit cards, loans, fashion recommendations or electrical goods for example, more often than not you’ll use some sort of review or price comparison site. These site’s are all funded when you follow their links and then go along to make a purchase, leave some details or join a mailing list. The review and comparison sites are providing a free service and helping you make a better decision, and in return are rewarded by the companies that you decide to purchase from.
That’s exactly what PalateToPen does – we provide you offers, reviews, and codes that save you money and guide you in your shopping journey, and in return the retailer that you purchase from will often give us a small percent of the sale.
If We’re Just In It For The Money, How Can Our Recommendations Be Trusted?
With there often being a financial reward as motivation, it can be easy to assume that we’d just recommend you make your purchase from whoever pays us the most.
That’s not how we operate though, and we’d hate to be thought of as a sell out!
Integrity Is Key
Comparison, reviews, and deal sites are only sustainable if their integrity is kept in order and they retain their users trust over time. If a website was making bad recommendations in return for a financial kickback, the users would leave and go elsewhere.
People fall out of love with their favourite sports star when they go to a rival club for more pay.
People laugh when big Instagram influencers are paid to model clothes they wouldn’t normally wear and post completely out of character messages.
Retaining The Trust Of Our Audience
It’s reasons like this why we plan to stick around for as long as you’ll keep coming here.
- We test and double-check each of the deals and offers we post.
- We constantly ask retailers for bigger discounts and exclusive offers to give our readers the best deal possible.
- Around half of the discount codes and deals don’t get posted as we don’t feel they’re worth your time to read through.
- We only list well established retailers and not your fly-by-night supplement re-seller.
Around 80% of the products that we’ve reviewed on the site were products that we personally bought ourselves. We’ve spent hundreds of pounds on whey protein, vegan protein, casein protein, peanut butter, gym clothes, supplements, shakers and more.
- We have a personal interest in the fitness and nutrition industry and as a result have been buying these products ourselves for years.
- It’s why it seemed fitting that we start taking better photos and recommend flavours to try and flavours to avoid.
- I once spent £55 on a big sac of banana protein to have one scoop and never touched it again.
- If we can save our readers (and their wallets!) from these bad judgement calls, it makes the whole process worth it.
If Our Reviews, Recommendations and Deals Are Terrible – Tell Us
- If you feel we’ve given something a recommendation, a high score or a lot of exposure and it’s not something you’re happy with, please tell us.
- Products, packaging, ingredients and flavours change over time.
- Companies are bought and sold and staff come and go.
- A company or product we reviewed 2 years ago might have changed drastically, so if you feel our review is outdated or no longer accurate, please let us know.
- If we’re missing an epic product or deal that you think deserves its place in the spotlight, please tell us!
- If you have any feedback – both good and bad – please tell us!
Get in touch with us over here or through our social media channels.